View Single Post
Old October 20, 2006, 12:59 AM   #23
Qwiks draw

When an innocent bystander is hurt or killed by a bullet regardless of whether it penetrated to much or whizzed onward without contact until the person was hit is irrelvant in some ways. The fact remains a person was hurt or killed. This could be by callous action or unintentional. We are held to a higher standard because all human life is supposed to be sacred. Laws are set up under that premise. To do other wise shows callous disregard for human life. Negligence of some form, including manslaughter, or negligent homicide will be charged by district attorneys or civil lawsuit. This is standard operational procedure in all districts. One cannot say" Oops,Stuff happens" , and expect nothing to happen. We have to be aware at all times what is happening and will suffer consequences accordingly.Yes, unintentional variables enter in. One has the moral obligation to be educated and knowledgeable about all the factors and consequences(moral ones too) of our actions and the way our weapons impact everyday situations. This includes defense of ones self and others. For those who consider this inane or unimportant, God help you. There is also a difference between good and evil. More and more people are ignoring the important facts or variables and chose to not to care. It shows up alot in the posting in peoples attitudes and language or how the state things. Also by what they do not say. That is why I read everything I can find in book form on this subject. Mas Ayoob and others who are qualified to do so have written many books and publish info in annual as well as newstand magazines for those who care to know. Ayoobs books at Police Bookshelf,other authors at Paladin Press and Gun Digest series are just some of the possible sources for this. CCW training may touch on this in the states.Advanced Gunnery courses should. So folks, take a good hard look at yourself and prepare for what may come. Having held people at gunpoint over a dozen times or more can give one a epiphany.What if this guy makes me use deadly force and what are the consequences of not doing this right? What tactical considerations can I take to insure innocents aren't hurt? Good luck and stay safe.

Last edited by Qwiks draw; October 20, 2006 at 10:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.02070 seconds with 8 queries