View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 05:17 PM   #6
rodfac

Was the cylinder bored out to take the longer .357 Magnum round by some insane shade tree gunsmith? Swing the cylinder out and see if a .357 Mag. will fit in the chambers...if so, then someone has bored it out...not a smart thing to do in my opinion...AFAIK, all Diamondbacks were in either .22 lr or .38 Special...

I own a .22 lr Diamondback that's got a 1.610" length cylinder but I don't know if the .38 Special versions were the same length. I just measured both the cylinder and a Remington factory .357 158 gr JHP (R357M3). The cartridge measures 1.575, making just possible to rebore a .38 Special cylinder for the longer Magnum, including a recess for the rim. I suspect that's what the OP has. HTHs Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; February 2, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.02785 seconds with 8 queries