View Single Post
Old May 15, 2010, 05:57 PM   #8
kraigwy

Its not just the PD, its the Military, even infantry units. Look at how much time they spend on the range vs. PT. I understand being in shape is a good ideal BUT, Everyday vs. how often they spend on the range.

Cops are the same. We (APD) had to qualify once a year, unless you had a grumpy instructor who was able to sell the shift sgt. of the necessary of shooting more often. I did, everyone on our shift had to qualify once a month, and if I thought one needed extra attention, I had no problem getting more time with the individual. You have to be a salesmen, selling the ideal of the need for more range time.

With some guys, it was like pulling hens teeth, getting people to the range. always an excuse, got to do followup, or making a TS on the way to the range.

But like I said, its not just Civilian LE, but the military too. I ran the marksmanship unit for the AK ARNG. Getting commanders to release training time for weapons qualification was a trick in its self.

But like I said, its about Salesmanship, you need to sell the ideal of more training time allocated to range work.

Good Luck.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02530 seconds with 8 queries