View Single Post
Old July 3, 2011, 07:20 PM   #475
44 AMP
Staff

They say the world changed on Sept 11...

It didn't. But a number of people did have their eyes opened.

Quote:
It seems to me that the '94 AWB was kind ot the peak of gun control, people figured out that it doesn't work and public support has pretty much shriveled and died.
The terrorist attacks, done without guns, killing thousands that Sept day began the massive erosion that support for US gun control has seen in the past decade.

People who had just gone along, or even supported gun control, because "it was just common sense" to reduce violence, suddenly saw how much, and how badly they had been lied to. Some of them even realized that the gun control laws might keep them from getting a gun when they needed it!

Even Michael Moore, the so called documentary film maker, and darling of the anti-gunners, just after 9/11 publically said how wrong he had been going after guns, when people with box cutters could wreak such havoc. I believe he was in shock, and some actual honesty slipped out, as I think he has recanted that statement since.

The fact is lots of people saw that US gun laws and gun owners were NOT the terrible problem they had been led to believe they were. Support in general for gun control, and support for the Brady group in particular has been slipping ever since.

Page generated in 0.03436 seconds with 8 queries