View Single Post
Old May 31, 2014, 12:01 PM   #23
speedrrracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrySchell
The most egregious thing about this IMO is that Rahm never gets excited about shootings on his plantation. It's only white kids in idyllic settings like CT and CA that seem to bother the little man.
I don't know, but I don't think this is the case. I think the issue is that he is willing to stand on any grave which gets his agenda the most mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E Meyer
I'm sorry - Mayor Rahm needs to address why the citizens of Chicago continue to violate the law about using guns.

San Antonio is full of stores selling guns - Chicago has none. The violent crime rate is three times higher in Chicago.
This is the crux of the entire issue. Democrats know the answer to this problem is so challenging it will surpass their term length as well as the public's tiny attention span, and therefore attempting to solve the problem won't help them maintain power. To be fair, no other party would tackle the problem, either, for the same reasons.

Since they can't actually start the process of solving the problem, they stick with the tried-and-true cliches. Since enough of the public are stupid enough to buy that crap (just look at the father of some Isla Vista victim), it works.

Page generated in 0.03555 seconds with 8 queries