View Single Post
Old August 27, 2013, 03:23 PM   #55
Dragline45

Quote:
I know a guy who carried DA Revolvers for nearly 2 decades. He had recently changed to the 1911 when he was forced to draw and fire on an armed robber as the robber swung around trying to level his gun on him. My friends first and only shot hit the ground between the two men and went through the robbers calf. He instantly dropped his gun and ran.

Now one could say that my friend just missed low. I say he reverted back to his DA revolvers trigger under that stress. Seems as if he likely began to pull on that long, hard, DA revolver trigger only to be holding a short, light, SA 1911 trigger. He says he doesn't know these days although I'd swear he told me years ago that he did just that.
I don't see how if he was carrying a DA revolver vs the 1911 the situation would have played out any differently? What this story shows is your friend has bad trigger control and lacks proper training. By your logic you are saying your friend, if he was indeed carrying the DA revolver, would have started pulling on the trigger before his sights were on target. Whether he was using a DA revolver or a 1911 he would have put a shot in the ground either way. The problem with your conclusion is that is entirely based on speculation.

Even though I am used to shooting DA/SA pistols as both my carry and home defense pistols are such, my most shot gun is my Ruger 22/45 which has a SA trigger. I have yet to prematurely fire a round because I am used to a longer trigger pull, and that gun probably has over 10,000 rounds through it.

I am going to revert back to my example of driving a car with a manual vs automatic transmission. There was a time when I drove my manual truck just as often as my girlfriends automatic transmission sedan. Driving on the road can be a high stress situation where you often need to react quickly. Never once when driving did I mistake one for the other.

Last edited by Dragline45; August 27, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries