Thread: What a mess
View Single Post
Old August 11, 2012, 09:19 PM   #14
Mac Sidewinder

rgrundy - I don't see any damage to the barrel - just a half ridge of debris left over from the bullet.

bossman - my Gp100 has a 6in barrel - I am very paranoid about reloading and I visually check each case to ensure it has powder in it (I have a led light shining into the case at that stage) but when the charge is only 3.0 gr I wonder if I could tell if my powder measure dropped only lets say 2.5grs? Combine that with your velocity of between 700 - 760fps instead of at least 800fps that Berry says you need, I wonder if that may have lead to the problem. I just ordered my Chrony and I will let you know when I get it what my loads are running at.

Hammerhead - I think I will try the dewcs next time - thanks for the tip

jepp2 - this is exactly what happened - I drove the center out with a small rod and couldn't get all of the remaining bullet out. I will get me a 5/16 brass rod for the future. I take it Hoppes gun oil would work alright as a lubricant?

Thanks to all for the tips - I just started reloading a few months ago so I am pretty cautious with my loads - I guess that can cause problems on the low end also. Just one more reason I wanted to get a chronograph.

Mac

Page generated in 0.03641 seconds with 8 queries