View Single Post
Old April 25, 2014, 01:45 PM   #34
fretless33

Excellent comparison Brian Pfleuger...wish I saw that when I was buying my press!

I have the Hornady Lock n Load auto progressive press and the main things I like is the bushing system, which is it's nicest feature...to change the dies out all you have to do is give a twist and it comes right out keeping your adjustments where they were...very convenient if you ask me.

I also like the way cases are held into the shell plate with a spring, making is very easy to take a case out at any stage of your reloading.

The powder measure is very accurate and gives very consistent powder drops.

The press comes standard with an auto indexing system, so you don't have to spend extra money on a more advanced press.

I love how I can route a tube to a garbage can to dispose of the spent primers...very convenient.

Customer support is outstanding with Hornady (but I never had to call Dillon).

Things I don't like is the indexing movement snaps a little bit which spills a few grains of powder out of the neck. However, when I researched this issue information about the Dillion press were the first to come up, so I think this is typical of auto progressive presses. I called customer service and all I had to do is tweak the pawls and it smoothed it out.

The other issue isn't even with the press itself, but the built in crimper in the die is pretty much useless (even admittedly by Hornady customer service), so I bought the Lee factory crimping die and get perfect crimps now!

That's my 2 cents...hope it helps

Page generated in 0.03154 seconds with 8 queries