View Single Post
Old August 29, 2008, 09:45 AM   #7
HOGGHEAD

Bullet Casting

Bullet Casting is just like anything else in life. You get out of it what you put into it. You can get started for little money, or you can jump in and buy it all. I bought my turkey fryer on E-Bay for $27 shipped. You can pick up a bunch of stuff on E-Bay. And you can also buy good used equipment on the "CastBoolits" forum. Casting is a no-brainer. Just develop a cadence, and go for it. Nothing difficult, and lots of fun. As far as lead poisoning is concerned-no problem. Put a fan behind your pot and draw the air off the pot. Put the fan in front of a door or window, and blow the air out. It is that simple. When smelting and casting I wear gloves and eye protection(no brainer). A heavy apron would be nice, but I do not have one. I have splattered lead before, it hurts for a second or two, but it is not the end of the world. No real drama here.

When I cast my 45-70 with WW that I get from the tire store I can shoot 500 rounds for less than $100. So casting can be very cost effective. That price is after I have my components but brass for a 45-70 does not wear out. Tom.

Page generated in 0.02236 seconds with 8 queries