View Single Post
Old November 7, 2013, 04:28 PM   #10
WhyteP38

Quote:
Remove the hopper and the disc(s) from your PAD. At the base of the unit, where the discs slide back and forth to drop the charge, you'll see two very slight "rails" that are just a smidge taller than everything else. These rails are the reason why some powders will leak.

Use some fine sandpaper to remove or lessen the height difference.
On my AutoDisk, which I believe is the earlier version of the PAD, I had to lightly sand the bottom of the red plastic hopper until I could just barely slide a piece of sheet paper between it and the disk. That stopped the leakage of H335.

Go slowly, because you don't want to sand it too much; the disk will hang up on the hopper if you do.

If you have the double disk kit, you'll probably need to sand down one side of each plastic riser too. Be even more careful there, since each disk is slightly different in thickness. Make sure you reference your sanding to the top disk(s) that you plan to use.

It's a nuisance, but if you do it right, it works very well. Even with the stacked double disks, my AutoDisk leaks only a handful of grains now.

Page generated in 0.02575 seconds with 8 queries