View Single Post
Old May 3, 2012, 12:22 PM   #83
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Terms
...Bias's handloads were allowed in court as evidence.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...ight=why+jhp%3
You should read this thread, has some info you don't seem to be aware of...
Spats,

Read the thread by all means. A lot of the information offered about what went on in various of the Bias trials came from a series of local newspaper articles. It turns out that it was a very extensive series of articles, only some of which were cited in the thread. At the time, I looked into getting access to all the articles, but that would have required a paid subscription to the newspaper.

Of course, as usual with newspaper accounts, a lot gets left out, and the possible technical importance of some omitted details might not have been recognized by the reporter. For example, I seem to recall that one article mentioned Bias' handloads coming up in court, but it wasn't clear whether or not the jury was present at the time. You and I understand that often questions concerning whether or not offered evidence would be admitted are discussed in court with the jury absent.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02363 seconds with 8 queries