View Single Post
Old May 2, 2012, 10:38 PM   #79
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
So, reality in court seems to lie in who has the better paid testimony/representation; as opposed to the actual issues/truth.
If there are issues then you're going to need experts and good ones to make those issues go away.
Quote:
An overzealous D.A. can make an issue out of anything.
So why do we have people arguing that if a shoot is justified, then the modifications to the gun won't be an issue.

If an overzealous DA can make an issue out of anything then he can certainly make an issue out of a modified gun!

The point is that you can hand him issues on a silver platter to make his job easier (and your case more complicated and expensive) or you can make him work hard to dig up issues. It's not hard to see which option works out better for you, and it's not hard to see that the harder he has to work to invent issues, the harder it will be to sell them to a jury.

By the way, I don't have any way of comparing the relative legal risks of handloaded ammunition and customized guns so I'm not even attempting to answer the original question. I'm just responding to the easily disprovable claims that modified guns can't ever and/or haven't ever been a legal issue in court.

Page generated in 0.02627 seconds with 8 queries