View Single Post
Old February 24, 2012, 09:18 AM   #19
Dashunde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylor
Why else carry if not to defend yourself and others from deadly attack?
I carry to defend myself and my loved ones, the "others" part is just attached to the state statue.
Defending those others was definitely not on my radar when I sought to obtain my cc permit.
If defending those others was any sort of priority my reasons for carrying would be faulty from the start, its sort of a LEO-wannabe mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
Too many people, in my opinion, have dreams of being the White Knight and fighting crime with their CCW.
There are a few distinct characters around that fit that description, fortunately they seem to just that, a few.
Most of us, as partly evidenced by this thread, mind our own business, have the right mental perspective on carrying and will think before we act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Roberts
If they don't value their own lives or that of their family highly enough to do that [obtain a ccw], then they have absolutely zero right to expect me to pay all of the financial, health, and legal costs of a shooting to protect them. Anything I decide to do is a result of me being generous, not something they have a right to expect or demand.
Very true.
Theres also a 50/50 chance you would be protecting someone who would or has voted against ccw in your state.

Page generated in 0.03806 seconds with 8 queries