View Single Post
Old October 10, 2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Stressfire

Well, like I said, this was intended more as a mini-rant than anything. Maybe it's because I refuse to be victimized where it can be helped, or maybe just because I'm a gun person and one who carries whenever I legally can.

It was just so frustrating to spend an hour being told to run, hide, and throw things when all of my instincts were screaming Draw, Aim, Fire, Reload if necessary

Now, I realize that (in my state at least) I am bound by law to be unarmed while at my job. But it just makes no sense to me whatsoever.

So, as I said - shooting incident at work, I'm out the back door or diving through a window, whatever's faster

Interesting article, Glenn. Another question we were asked during the presentation was how many of us knew what gunfire sounded like - not from TV. I was the only one who had my hand raised....was a bit depressing.

A chair fort....well, better than nothing I suppose, but staying stationary or hiding under tables does not seem like it would do much good. As to throwing objects to disorient the shooter - I can't see any way that doing so would not make the thrower a target.

Last edited by Stressfire; October 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.02191 seconds with 8 queries