View Single Post
Old June 20, 2012, 11:01 PM   #44
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyforge.1777
Amazing to me how so many people think they have some right to tell me what I should do. It is still a free country and my right to self-defense comes from God, not from the Nanny State or the do-gooders telling me that as a firearm owner I "need" to learn CPR and first aid. ... Thankfully, my state does not throw any of those ridiculous "training" requirements at our citizens.
We're not discussing training requirements imposed by government. We're discussing knowledge and skills that a prudent person will voluntarily undertake to acquire. Yes, one has the right to remain ignorant. But he shouldn't expect to be congratulated if he makes that choice.

John Adams said, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” I think one might add "responsible."
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02173 seconds with 8 queries