View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 03:31 AM   #8
Metal god

I got this response from senator Boxer of C.A. The response would work no matter what I wrote the senator for . I wrote about gun control but by reading her response I could have been talking about taxes , gay marriage , life on mars . it was sad to see her response be so generic .

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your views with me. Your comments will help me continue to represent you and other Californians to the best of my ability. Be assured that I will keep your views in mind as the Senate considers legislation on this or similar issues.
This letter was from congress woman Susan Davis Although she seems to be wanting more gun control that I do not agree with , at least she made an effert

Quote:
Thank you for writing to share your thoughts on gun ownership. I appreciate hearing from you and apologize for the delay in my response. Each week, I receive over 2,000 pieces of mail, and it often takes me longer to respond than I would like.

I have always respected the Second Amendment right of law-abiding citizens to own guns. Americans who observe the law should be allowed to own firearms legally and without harassment. At the same time, I'm haunted by the events that took place in Newtown, Connecticut. Those twenty-six lives were taken from us too early. And not too long ago, a mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado took the lives of six people, injuring 58 others. As I watch my friend and former colleague, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, recover from her injuries sustained just over two years ago in a shooting in Tucson, I must ask myself: what are we doing to prevent these tragedies from happening again?

I believe we can honor the Second Amendment while keeping the deadliest weapons out of our neighborhoods. As a former mental health social worker, I think it's imperative that we make it easier to get treatment for mental illnesses. We need to review our current background check process to ensure that guns are kept out of the wrong hands. I understand your concerns but I do believe that we seriously need to revisit the expiration of the assault weapons and high capacity magazine bans. Rest assured, I will continue to advocate for responsible measures that will reduce and hopefully one day prevent senseless acts of violence, while upholding Second Amendment rights for law-abiding Americans.

Once again, thank you for contacting me. As your representative, I both need and value your perspective. Please sign up for my E-Newsletter at my website http://house.gov/susandavis/ if you would like to receive regular updates about what is happening in Congress.

With warm regards,

SUSAN A. DAVIS
Member of Congress
Feinstein has not responded to any of my letters as of yet .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.04016 seconds with 8 queries