View Single Post
Old January 25, 2009, 05:41 PM   #204
DonR101395

Quote:
No, they are different. Crook in this context is a legal status as in convicted felon. How or why he/she became one is irrelevant to this discussion I believe.

It's perfectly relevant. I hope you can see the different between someone who at 40 murdered three people and then another two after he was incarcerated and 40 year old accountant who cheated on his taxes. There are thousands of felons convicted of non-violent crimes who are prohibited from owning guns. Why are they not prohibited from free speech, going to a church of their choosing, etc?

Quote:
The government can and does regulate and restrict rights. The regulation/restriction must pass constitutional muster and the NICS does for the 2A. Government regulation is government regulation but with a right the scrutiny is different and more rigorous than with commerce. Serve over to you

Other than the 2A what other individual right is restricted or regulated? Everything that I can think of involves your right interfering the the rights of another person.
There is no NCIC to write a paper, go to church, speak your individual mind.
While I respect your opinion, I refuse to be apologetic for exercising my individual rights.

Page generated in 0.02450 seconds with 8 queries