View Single Post
Old February 21, 2007, 02:16 AM   #4
jfrey123

Not to steal your thunder, but I had a similar experience about two months ago.

I awoke out of sleep to a sound, a very perticular sound. It's the sound the bedroom doors in my apartment make when opened. A loud thump (bad fit in the frame) followed by the sound of them rubbing against the carpet as they're swung opened (yeah, that long "wooooosh" sound?). Mind you, it was dark: only light was what came through the blinds from the parking lot lights. I swear to you, I saw my door opening though. I will testify before the most powerful courts on this earth that my door was coming open. My personal training kicked in, and my little psudo-commando roll out of bed while grabbing the Glock on the bedside racks went flawlessly, but just maybe a tad slow.

When I zeroed on the door..... Nothing. Finger still off the trigger, and the stupid door was still closed and locked. Came to realize that my roommate had gotten up, exited his bedroom door (which makes a nearly identical set of sounds) and got into the bathroom, which was confirmed by the sound of that door with a light switch flick. Took me a good ten minutes to calm myself.

Then the embarhassment settled in....

Page generated in 0.02767 seconds with 8 queries