View Single Post
Old April 13, 2013, 11:50 AM   #39
JerryM

A year or so ago I saw a TV program re such video games.
There was one kid, 8 years old, who was asked why he liked those games. His reply was, "Because I get to kill people."

There is a small percentage of people and kids who become desensitized to violence and killing as a result of such games bringing such things to mind, and especially when combined with movies, and the particular enviornment in which they grow up.
There are those who kill who would not without the violence in games, movies, TV combined with their environment.

I don't care if some here played them and did not do violence. Most won't, but I do not need a PhD study to make me KNOW from many years of observation that such things do impact on the think of some.

In my youth I/we never thought of such things, or killing our classmates or teachers. We had never been exposed to such thinking. How different it is now, and video games do have an impact.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Page generated in 0.05914 seconds with 8 queries