Thread: Colt peackeaper
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2013, 03:31 PM   #4
22-rimfire

I like Colts and I never liked the Peacekeeper or the other flat blue finished Colt revolvers. The only reason I would ever buy one is rarity or extremely good pricing.

You're thinking 357's now.... As I mentioned in your other thread, I love my 6" Trooper Mark III. It shoots great. I have always wanted a 4" to go with my 6", but really don't need it. Would rather pick up a 4" 22LR or 22 WMR version.

Not sure about pricing as that is not one I pay much attention to. Value will likely continue to go up slowly but it is one of the less desireable Colt models for collectors. I suspect the dealer asking price reflects this. I'd do some searches on Gun Broker and see the selling prices. The current 2013 Blue Book lists a 100% Peacekeeper at $575 and a 98% one at $450 (as a reference). I think you're better off with a standard Mark V or Mark III which are valued about the same in blue finish.

Value will be determined by condition, rarity, and collector interest with Colt revolvers. If you take care of it, I suspect it will never drop below 95-96% condition regardless of any normal amount of shooting.

Page generated in 0.03282 seconds with 8 queries