Thread: triple 7...
View Single Post
Old November 3, 2005, 11:43 AM   #100
Remington kid

Old Dragoon, Welcome abord and glad to have you joine in with us. Most of the guy's on here are great but we have a few "nuts "too I wont mention any names but one goes by Low Key and the other goes by MP1423 These guy's like to load em up and get er done! Just kidding, we have great people on this site who are willing to help and share what ever they have learned and we are all anxious to learn more.
The ill fitting grips are a pain on several of the Piettea and some of the Ubertie repos. That's one of the reasons Im thinking about making my own on the long winter nights we have coming soon. Maybe out of Mastodon tusk. It's not protected and they have have lots of it.Can't find ivory much older than that
Sometimes you can make them fit better if they are not to far off and if they left you enough meat to work with. You need to go slow and I have found that a pack of cheap emery bords from the Dollar store are great for this. Also a piece of sand papper wraped around a popcicle stick works well. I like to leave the gun laying close by so I can keep checking the fit. If you have to remove alott then you can use a basterd file. Just keep all your filing or sanding level and even as you work or it may look worse Mike

Page generated in 0.02413 seconds with 8 queries