View Single Post
Old June 6, 2014, 11:56 PM   #12
RC20

As good as the advice below is, I have yet to find myself with no distractions.

Maybe optimal but as the world is not optimal I would put it on distractions that are potentially lethal, injuouruss.

If there are distractions you make sure the cross checks catch any problems (or thats my take)

I would not pull the 25 bullets as long as that load is within bounds

As long as the load is ok and not a compressed one even the length is not likely an issue (I have not analyzed the load)

Quote:
The real concern here is where your head was at when you loaded them. I know you're new to loading. We're human. We all make mistakes. And you discovered your error before your trip to the range - which is good. You put your ego in neutral and called out your mistake (here on TFL) - also good.

Regardless of what you do with your 25 rounds, this is a good learning experience. If I may speak from 30 years' handloading experience: When I decide to load up a batch, I check my mental disposition. I make sure I'm not preoccupied with thoughts of pending bills, chores, obligations, etc. i.e. I make sure my head is at the load bench and nowhere else. I make sure I have time to finish the project I'm about to start. These are the reasons why I usually load at night when the house has calmed down. I don't have a TV in my load room (radio is not as distracting, but I rarely listen to it. It's usually very quiet when I load.). I double check my recipe and components - every time. And I mean every time. If someone interrupts me when I'm loading, I stop. I give them my undivided attention until they leave. Then I double-check where I left off, and proceed. When I'm done, I always clean up my load bench area so it's clean and organized for the next load session.

Good habits and disciplined processes are important. Loading is a rewarding hobby. But mistakes can be costly - and they're easy to make. The best way to avoid them is to have strong disciplined habits.

Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 8 queries