Thread: .45 ACP loads
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 04:08 PM   #10
thedaddycat

Lost Sheep, I think I'll give a pass on reaming out the discs for now. I can always use the Perfect Powder Measure which has an adjustable cavity and throw the charges by hand and dump them through the funnel if I wnat to nail charge weights to an exact number.

M&P, I didn't seem to have any issues with the charges I was getting. That's one reason I hand weigh every tenth round. Now I realize that this is no guarantee that every round has the exact charge weight, but I also do a visual inspection on every single round after the powder drops. If it doesn't look right I'll either weigh it or just dump it and recharge that case.

noylj, your advice about starting loads is duly noted and thank you for the friendly reminder. I have a few different powders that I will be trying out in various handgun chamberings: WSF, WST, 700-X, 800-X, Titegroup, Clays, Unique, 2400, and yesterday I got the eight pound canister of 231 that I'm going to be splitting with my friend. I won't get into rifle powders here. I also picked up more of the plated 230 grain RN, 200 grain HP, and 200 grain SWC so there's 1500 rounds worth of .45 ACP "testing" on the shelf...

I also play with .38 Special, .357 mag, and .44 mag so far. I gave my friend a couple thousand 9mm brass so he could use up his components but he told me it's almost not worth the time and effort to reload them if you're just after the cost savings. Now the 800 or so .44 mag brass I have, that will most assuredly be getting refilled!

Page generated in 0.03371 seconds with 8 queries