View Single Post
Old November 8, 2005, 09:17 PM   #1
timothy75

dry firing daily

Shooting like every other skilled task requires warming up to be able to perform at your peak level. When I shoot I'll usually run a few drills cold and the results are far from my best. Back when I did private security the last two times I had to qualify I shot best in the class because while everyone was talking on the firing line, I was dry firing for about five minutes at the target. My arms were warmed up and the sights came right into veiw and I was able to squeeze the trigger every shot. So I've been thinking about dry firing daily on my way out the door. I supose this would be inconveinent but at least I could do this on days I was going to higher risk areas for awhile. Just a couple shots to get my arms eyes and fingers warmed up would make a world of difference in my shooting as my first targets always seem to tell on the range. If ever in a defensive encounter I think would make a big difference if you dry fired daily rather than firing 500 rounds on Sundays. What do you guys think?

Page generated in 0.03435 seconds with 8 queries