Thread: Deja Vu 670
View Single Post
Old July 3, 2013, 01:16 PM   #24
TXGunNut

Shot Even Uglier a few weeks ago, as posted above. Checked my notes and found some interesting stuff, Even Uglier is eerliy very much like Ol' Ugly. With a new Redfield scope and the birch stock borrowed from Ol' Ugly she sighted in easily and settled in to fire a nice sub-moa group with rounds tailored for my Super Grade. I let her cool off and she did it again! Not really bragging size groups but very capable for hunting. She's better than most of my rifles, not near as fussy either.
Even Uglier even acted like Ol' Ugly, first shot from a clean (slightly wet) bore about 1/2" high and a hair to the right. Second and subsequent shots land right where I want them. Odd. Old girl doesn't shift impact when she heats up either, another trait of Ol' Ugly. I loaded up some of Ol' Ugly's pet loads today and seated them out a little (.015") long, just like Ol' Ugly liked them. Tried one in Even Uglier and sure enough, they just kiss the lands.
Going to the range Sunday, this could be interesting.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.

Last edited by TXGunNut; July 3, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.03475 seconds with 8 queries