Thread: ROA loads
View Single Post
Old March 11, 2009, 06:24 AM   #9
Dingoboyx

I regularly shoot my ROA successfully using about 30gr black for 25 yards, and use bread crumbs for filler bringing the ball up to the right distance from the end of the cylinder. I dont use grease, or jelly (or toothpaste as one of our guys duz) but I roll my ball in inox or WD40 after I mold them, so by the time they get used they are dry to look at and touch, but lubed a bit. The breadcrumbs stops any oil or dampness reaching the powder. works well for me. Probably 35-38 gr if shooting 50 yards+.

really, the ROA is so strong, you can fill it up with as much black as you can. I have given a few people rediculous charges (had to shave the top off the ball to turn the wheel) to see their reaction.... the look on their face is.... well... priceless

So, I reccommend start about 30gr, then increase by a grain or 2 until you findthe groups start to spread, then you will find your optimum load. Remember if you try to push the muzzle velocity above about 13-1400 fps you will end up leading your barrel. (I know, I shot my Vaquaro this afternoon with huge loads, and am about to start scrubbing the lead out of the barrel)

Whats the easiest way to get the lead off? Any ideas guys?

Actually, I might start a thread on that now

muzza

Page generated in 0.02028 seconds with 8 queries