View Single Post
Old June 20, 2008, 09:14 PM   #14
Chui

All this talk about steel doors and what not, if your home is framed conventionally (stick framed), I can get in 5 minutes or less if I wanted too. Regardless of what you do to the doors and windows.

Who said anything about a conventionally framed "McMansion"? I've worked in construction for over 30 years with my father and I, too, can "walk thru" a conventional (i.e., poorly constructed) home. There are things that can be done that can thwart both you and I.

Steel door framed steel doors with Medeco locks for all exterior doors and your bedroom door goes a helluva long way for securing your home. And making your outer walls structural as opposed to simply Tyvex with siding on the outside also helps. A lot.

No one - well I am most certainly not - insinuating that the home could ever be impregnable (and still look conventional) but one can make it difficult to breach. That time allows the owner to bring the shotgun into battery and a call to local authorities. Of course, having a decent sized WELL TRAINED dog that is alert and protective also helps.

Page generated in 0.02901 seconds with 8 queries