View Single Post
Old November 25, 2006, 02:10 AM   #11
hydrashok407

Greetings! My first post here, so let me just jump in and get the whole "FNG" thing out of the way...

A few years ago, I registered concealedhandgun.net but didn't do anything with it until recently. I had visions of starting my own printed publication. Why? Well, last month I decided to go ahead and get some things going with the website. I downloaded a PHP CMS and started setting up the site. I got a friend and a couple of family members to sign up and get some content up.

THEN, I was off to do some research... find out what's been going on out there, if you will. I went to PX and spent about $75 buying every gun related magazine on the rack. SOF and SWAT were in the stack along with a couple of versions of Guns and Ammo magazines and some others I'd never heard of before.

I was grossly disappointed in every single magazine I read before the last one... SWAT. The November issue was my first, and I was lucky that Decembers hit the rack a few days after I had bought November's. I hadn't even finished reading all the articles before I bought the next issue. My next step will be a subscription... after payday

I had my bubble bursted (that's Texas talk), however, as my first few ideas for articles were already covered in the November issue... the "sympathetic squeeze" and "weapons cleaning myths" articles just took the wind right out of my sails. Now, I'm stuck with a dead website and deflated dreams... there's no way I could ever keep up with what I consider the perfect periodical. They even beat me to the idea of giving accessibility to their contributors via online forums (they point that out in the magazine itself, although they didn't publish this link directly)...

So, thanks a lot, SWAT Magazine!
hydrashok407 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04650 seconds with 8 queries