View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Sevens

It's different, that's for sure. I can't say I hate it. I don't know that I'd choose it. I think it's a REAL stretch to even suggest that it'll increase it's "value" but I know one thing for CERTAIN and that is... if "increasing it's value" is a goal you have, then do not fire that revolver and don't even dry fire it or cock it. Quite simply...all of those will decrease it's "value."

Of course, if what you meant is that it would be otherwise more valuable or more sought after compared to an equal condition stainless, then you might be right, simply because it'll be less common.

Looking at it reminds me of two things. First is that Ruger make some of their .480's with that finish and it just reminds me of those big Redhawks.

More interesting -- it reminds me of the Colt Peacekeeper guns. And I gotta laugh when I see a Peacekeeper or am reminded of one. Never ceases to make me chuckle. If you don't know the story behind the Colt Peacekeeper, run a search. It's kinda like trying to squeeze a lime and then trying sell it off as a special new kind of lemonade, depending on your perspective.

Page generated in 0.03371 seconds with 8 queries