View Single Post
Old September 26, 2005, 11:44 PM   #14
blackmind

Quote:
At worst if she was prosecuted it would probably be a misdemeanor pled down to something less.

I'd carry all day every day if the only thing at risk was a misdemeanor.
In Florida, carrying a gun is legal if you have a concealed weapon license.

If you are caught with a concealed weapon without a license, you're looking at five years, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsavo
Action will always beat re-action, every single time. In one of my tatical courses we did an experiment where 1 person has a gun in their hand at their side and the other has the gun pointed at that person. The person with the gun in their hand but at their side has to try and shoot the other person first(paintball pistols). Every single time the person with the gun at their side wins. Action will always beat reaction. Whoever decies to fire first will get the first shot off.
tsavo -- I don't understand. You seem to be saying that it is quicker -- every time -- for a person to lift a gun from the side of the body to shoot someone, than it is to simply pull the trigger of a gun that is already trained on the person who has the gun at his side...

That is at odds with what you said about it being unwise to try to draw on someone who already has a gun pointed at you. Your later statement indicates that your experiment found that a person could draw and win the race.

-blackmind

Page generated in 0.04097 seconds with 8 queries