View Single Post
Old September 1, 2013, 03:53 PM   #9
Brutus

Well I just got back from the range where I tried 2 new recipes with the 124gr. Rainier FMJ. bullets.
Both loads utilized Federal once fired brass a 1.155 overall length, and the same crimp. First load was 7.8gr. of AA#7 for an advertised velocity of 1120 fps. Second load was 5.0gr. of Winchester WSF for around 1065fps.( No coronagraph as I was at an indoor range. ) Both loads functioned flawlessly with no failures of any kind. Groups for both loads were a marked 25% improvement on WWB or Federal 115gr. bulk ammo. The AA#7 loads had a slight edge in the accuracy dept . but not by much. These 2 pistols ( CZ 85 Combat and a PCR) seem to thrive on hot 124gr. loads. Didn't achieve the level of accuracy I seem to get with the Premium factory +P offerings but I'm just getting started and these are plated bullets. Groups measured 2.5 to 3" at 30ft. not counting the occasional flyer from yours truly. Really liked the WSF powder it had less recoil and muzzle flash than AA#7 and seems comparable to Power pistol.
Well that's all for now, thanks for your interest

Page generated in 0.02263 seconds with 8 queries