View Single Post
Old August 11, 2013, 09:42 AM   #1
twojarslave

CC gear and weight loss

Hello TFL members. Long-time reader, first time poster.

I am currently about 40% through my weight loss goal (315 lb start, 280 lb currently) and I am finding that both IWB and OWB carry are becoming much more comfortable as I lose more fat, gain muscle mass and my body changes shape.

I am considering investing in some new gear. A new, better belt and a new holster for my M&P Shield 9mm are tops on my list. I also own a Glock 19 and I am beginning to suspect that both carrying and concealing it will become much easier as more weight drops, perhaps to the point where it will replace the Shield as my go-to carry piece. The gear I am considering is a Comp-Tac kydex-reinforced belt and either a Raven Phantom kydex holster or a Hidden Hybrid leather-backed kydex holster (similar to Crossbreed Supertuck) for my Shield. I like the IWB/OWB versatility of both holsters and they seem to be well-reviewed.

Before I pull the trigger on any of these purchases, I would like to know if any other TFL members have undergone significant weight loss and how it changed their carry preferences. Did you find that the gear that worked best for you when you were 50lbs heavier no longer suited your needs?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

Page generated in 0.03821 seconds with 8 queries