View Single Post
Old August 13, 2010, 04:18 PM   #78
Jimmy10mm

If you lived in a city you've probably seen the poor souls who walk around talking to thin air. More obvious before the cell phone became ubiquitous. Occasionally I have seen them act confrontational. Not to me or anyone in particular but in a general way as I have the impression the fellow in the OP's scenario is depicted. The stick waving is the part of the equation that seems the most threatening to me. I still wouldn't pull down on the guy though unless it was absolutely necessary. IOW, he was coming directly for me in a threatening manner.

Without going into details I will say that I had an occasion to pull a 357 mag 2 1/2 model 19 on a burglar. I made the wrong assumption that he would put his hands up and become compliant because if I was a burglar and someone pulled a gun on me that is what I would do. This led to an exchange of shots between the two of us. This was years before concealed carry was legal in FL and I also assumed he was unarmed. Wrong. No hits and he did get away.

I don't know about anyone else but when you are pointing a loaded gun at a stranger there is one heck of a lot of stuff going through your mind IME. A big difference between criminals and us is that they probably don't even think of the ramifications of their actions.

Page generated in 0.02692 seconds with 8 queries