Thread: Glock 23 vs 27
View Single Post
Old October 11, 2011, 03:34 PM   #4
HighValleyRanch

Quote:
the police force here uses the glock 22c an thats all i've been around an the .45 acp round is awsome from it.
It would be awesom to see a .45 acp from a 22C
Maybe you meant 21c because that is the 45 glock, and yet I don't understand why a police agency would be using the compensated model.
Close retention blast and all that.

Back to the OP's question.
I have had the glock 26, 19, 19 cut to 26 grip and the 17.
All equivalent sizes to the .40 caliber models of 27, 23 and 22.

I did not like the 26. IWB, it did not balance as nice as my 19 cut to 26 grips length, felt clunky in the hand and only offered 1/2 in length. I liked the longer slide and balance of the 19. By putting the A&G sleeve on the 19 magazines, the chopped gun achieves the same balance as the original 19.

But I have a much smaller frame than you, and yet I have no problem concealing even a glock 17. So I don't think concealment will be that much of a decision maker, unless you are trying to pocket carry it.

Yes, you could carry the 27 and carry the higher capacity magazine as a spare, and that is what I do most of the time.
Yes, a finger extension shows less than the longer 23 mag, but given your size, I think it is a mute point.

I think the 23 would be more suited to your size.

Page generated in 0.02591 seconds with 8 queries