View Single Post
Old August 31, 2005, 06:48 PM   #1
USP45usp

Preparedness, BOB's, and Serious Discussion

With the worse (in my day and age) natural disaster in the country, what are the members' thoughts on how to survive what happened?

I don't know if it's my military experience or how I was brought up but when many people "in the know" state that it's time to bug out, I will bug out. So, for those that wish to remain in the N.O. area as it is now in their scenario then so be it.

Me, mine is "getting out". I have a BOB (bug out bag) that I need more things to include, since my truck blew up, the new car has a trunk large enough for all my guns (including long) and ammo, the BOB, 5 to 10 gallons of water, two boxes of MRE's and still have room for the camp stove, propane, and three person tent.

I have family in Florida so that is where I would have headed, but lets pretend that I didn't, at least I could camp out to restrict costs if I had to.

And if my family lived there like they do here (mom's side only), I have enough room for six plus my cat (and small dog if I had).

With this happening, and with a major terror event most likely to happen, what plans do you have in order for you, your family, and extended family to survive?

Wayne

Page generated in 0.03083 seconds with 8 queries