View Single Post
Old August 14, 2014, 07:19 PM   #5
Fishing_Cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainah
I am not trying to question the officers actions. I'm asking if images of police using military equipment and tactics in response to the response to the shootings could change the gun control debate.
I am not sure, but doubtful though. While I have seen some pictures and news reports that showed a few armored vehicles, most of what I have seen has been officers in riot gear or similar PPE. Most places have (or should have) a policy in place stating that in order for workman's comp to pay a claim for injury that the officer is required to use the level of PPE for the situation. Like an officer putting on his vest, so he is within policy/insurance if he is shot and injured. Dealing with an accident victim that's bleeding? Use suitable PPE, such as disposable gloves, etc. Riot/crowd control? Suitable PPE, helmet, vest, face shield, and shin guards.

More than anything though I think there will be a review of policies and/or tactics, and perhaps some changes in that area.

Last edited by Fishing_Cabin; August 14, 2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Page generated in 0.02778 seconds with 8 queries