View Single Post
Old April 26, 2013, 03:59 PM   #24
RodTheWrench

What are Gun Shows like in your area?

I've been going to GSs here in Utah for 20 years. They haven't changed much. There's always the overpriced dealers, the private "horse traders" and the collectors. Sure, there's the Tupperware lady and the R/C helicopters and the "Egyptian cotton" sheets but the majority are guns and gun-related items. Range bags, holsters, reloading stuff, ammo and the like. Plenty of surplus gear and some prepper stuff(freeze-dried food, water purification etc)There's coin guys/gold and silver dealers as well.

I haven't paid admission for years. Usually have a friend with a table that can get me in. Since September I've had my own private-seller tables and have done well but it's hard to walk around and see what's there when you've got to tend a table. Having a table allows me to better trade with folks that bring guns to sell though and that's nice - you never know what treasure some guy will pull out of his backpack, zippered gun rug or other. I enjoy talking with people, swapping stories and trading/selling. Great way to spend a Saturday!

I do know that admission has steadily climbed from 6 to 8 bucks, then 10 and now 12! Folks are still lining up like it's the last helicopter out of Saigon, though it was a bit calmer at the one 2 weekends ago(April 13-14?).

Page generated in 0.03512 seconds with 8 queries