View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 01:20 PM   #25
tahunua001

Quote:
I was looking at the XD and XDM ..... I have heard mixed reviews on them.... thoughts
not really mixed reviews, they are just like your original post either there are things that shooters like or there are things that they don't. I have owned 3 of them, 2 of them were first run models with no proven track records and 1 was a limited run gun. the 2 in 45ACP were the greatest handguns I've ever owned. I only traded the full sized because I wanted a 9mm for cheaper plinking but there is no way I'm ever giving up the compact. the 9mm XDM I traded for needed a bit of a break in that the 45s did not but now is starting to group quite well at 15 yards. all of them have the same trigger feel, the 9mm needed the larger back strap to feel identical to the 45s and though the sights are a bit lacking for a home defense gun they are still perfectly suited to a service piece.

glad you liked the PPQ though, one of these days I've going to have to try one of them out for myself.

Page generated in 0.03598 seconds with 8 queries