View Single Post
Old June 15, 2012, 12:21 AM   #1
soapboxpreacher

Safes that can take an Axe Hit: Amsec, Sturdy, Summitt, Forts?

We pretty much know a 12 gauge will not hold up. And a 10 gauge isnt much better. Sturdy and CE Safes new Fort Knox with 7 gauge can take the hit. But will something like a Amsec BF? I am only talking body here not the door for all the doors are typically thick enough to hold off anything. But the Amsec body is a different ball game. It is only a 10...11 gauge body but it is filled...and not just filled but poured inbetween two layers one 10-11 gauge and the other 14 or so. The filling is similar but not quite concrete. it is far and away different to drywall. But would it hold up to an axe attack?

Another question...Sawzal or even an angle grinder...how well does the Amsec hold up? The DryLight is different so I dont really know. Obvious the 7 gauge Sturdy and Fort will do alright for a while...no safe is gonna stop every attack. So I am just curious for I have narrowed down my search to these few safes.

If you sandwich a concrete like substance between two pieces of steel (in which it is formed to it) I would assume it would hold up quite well add to the fact that it cannot be displaced easiy (this is very key) because if the material cracks inside or breaks...it has nowhere to go...still providing a ton of strength. Like taking a cinder block and wrapping all side tightly with steel...no air gaps...then hit it with a sledge...it will do much better than if it wasnt wrapped...same can be said for the steel by itself it wont hold up by itself very well at all.

Is anyone else curious? There is so much good and so many that recommend the Amsec but since it is not a straight forward design it is hard to determine for the laws of physics are a little more complicated. And for those that say Dry Light is just for Fire it isnt. Amsec clearly states it is for fire and protection...burglary! So there is more to their process then what we think.

Page generated in 0.03237 seconds with 8 queries