View Single Post
Old August 1, 2009, 06:28 AM   #5
scottaschultz

Quote:
Having a CCW and carryin' a gun is not just for self-defense alone...

If your additude is "Its not my problem" or merely sit back,watch the crime happen and report the details later,you are showing "indifference" to those in need;and that in my opinion makes you little better then the scumbag who comited the crime.
I am guessing that you never actually took a CCW class? Maybe Oregon doesn't require one, but I am not going to waste my time looking it up since I don't live there.

One of the things they teach in these classes besides situational awareness, handgun familiarization and shooting techniques is the law. You will leave the class knowing when it is OK to intervene with your weapon and probably more importantly, when it is not OK to intervene.

Either you:
a) Never took a CCW class
b) Took a CCW class and didn't pay attention
c) Took a CCW class, paid attention and you just don't care about the law

Whether it is a), b) or c), I would rather take my chances with a BG in a dark alley than around someone like you. At least with the guy in the alley, I know what his intentions are and what I have to do. In your case, I am not really sure I can trust you to make the proper judgement call.

If you are so enthusiastic about taking care of BG's, why not just join your local law enforcement academy? Or better yet, go to your local armed forces recruiting center and tell them that you want to make the world safe from BG's and I am sure they will be very accommodating! You will get to shoot real weapons, not these wimpy semi-automatics us poor civilians are stuck with! And you won't have to worry about ammo shortages. No more disappointing trips to Wal-Mart!

Scott

Page generated in 0.03239 seconds with 8 queries