View Single Post
Old February 19, 2009, 11:15 AM   #1
carguychris

C&R sale question

Howdy all,

I tend to be pretty good about reading and understanding legal regulations, but I have a question about C&R purchases that has me stumped.

Say that a hypothetical C&R licensee wants a couple of Mosin-Nagant M91/30s, and notices that some of the mail order houses offer discounts if he or she purchases 5 or more. However, this licensee doesn't want 5 rifles, he or she wants 2-3, but he or she has several buddies who are interested in having an M91/30. If that doesn't work out, there's a gun show coming up shortly, and this licensee lives in the glorious state of Texas, which has very few state-imposed restrictions on private sales.

Can this licensee buy 5 rifles and immediately sell them, assuming he/she logs them out in accordance to the regulations? Let's say that he/she will sell them for exactly the original purchase price, thereby assuring that he/she can't be accused of "operating a business".

Is this legit?

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.04528 seconds with 8 queries