View Single Post
Old December 1, 2001, 11:30 PM   #4
Rob62

Welcome to the wonderfull world of shotguning wdigeorge!

Most if not all Walmarts can special order the 870 Express in the configuration you want. And at the same low prices that they sell their stock guns for. Its a little known fact that they have a special order book on hand and can get lots of different guns that they might not have on their shelfs in the perticular store you are in. Just ask.

First off, might I recomend that you look at a used "older model" Express. There is lots of info on this site as to why this is preferable to getting a new one. A couple of reasons are: recent decline in Remington QC, political correct safety/lock and the every contentious "dimples" in the magazine tube. You should be able to find a good condition older used Express for around the same $225 that you can purchase a new one for. However this would require at least some knowledge of what to look for so you don't get a lemon. You say you are new to shotguns, but I presume you are not new to firearms so think you should be able to examine a used gun and at least be able to tell if its worth purchasing or not.

If you feel like you really do want to get a new gun then I highly recomend a package deal. Walmarts and many other retailers sell a Remington package that not only includes a short slug type barrel but also a 26 or 27" vented rib bird barrel. I've seen these packages for in the low $300 range. A very good deal IMO but only if you think you might eventually get into some clay shooting or bird hunting. If not, then.....nevermind.

Anyway good luck with your purchase.

Rob

Page generated in 0.03541 seconds with 8 queries