View Single Post
Old January 23, 2014, 03:31 PM   #6
Sevens

Either the letter writing guys in magazines... or a "loose cannon" gun writer detailed a very similar idea in a gun magazine many years back. I want to say it was in the 1980s, but there's a chance it was in the late 1970s.

The idea was a load that was cooked up with a wadcutter that did precisely what Bob Wright has described. This "special" load was indexed in a double action revolver so that if the revolver were picked up and cocked/fired or simply pulled through a double-action trigger pull, the "special" round would tie the cylinder up like a bank vault.

It was the gun owner's "responsibility" to manually advance the cylinder one round to get to his five GOOD shots before ejecting the "special" round before tying his own revolver up.

It definitely seemed like an interesting idea the first time I had heard of it, but yes -- certainly ill-conceived.

Page generated in 0.02645 seconds with 8 queries