View Single Post
Old October 18, 2009, 05:53 PM   #10
Glenn Dee

I had a similar experience. While I was working as a police officer in a large metropolitan Police department I purchased a S&W 36 with a 3"heavy bbl, squair but, and a tyler grip. This was purchased from a dealer/store in another jurisdiction oohhhh say two counties away. ( great back up gun) Maybe two years later I get a call from some detective from that county police department. This detective tell's me that my gun was stolen, and I was suspect for a burglary in of the gun store They wanted to talk to me, could I come out to their office. Wellll I invited them to my police station and we could do the interview there. The NYPD requires that when you obtain a firearm you must register it with the department within 48 hrs of purchase. I had. Your record of owned firearms is recorded on something called a 10 card.
Sooo these detectives show up and question me where was I on the date in question. blaa blaaa blaaaa. In the end I just happened to be working a 4x12 shift and wasnt available to have done the burglary. BUT!!! They wanted to arrest me for stolen property firearm. Not withstanding I had a reciept for the gun dated two years prior to the burglary, and the gun was registered 24 hours after the purchase. I guess they just wanted to close the case with an arrest. After some discussion as to who was about to arrest whom... they agreed to just leave, and never darken my door again. What caused all of this? poor record keeping by the store.

Page generated in 0.03508 seconds with 8 queries