View Single Post
Old December 11, 2001, 06:26 PM   #1
twix

870 Mods to Make an All-rounder

I have an 870 Express, 28" barrell that I got for $1 about 12 years ago. I grew up using short barrelled semi-autos or doubles for grouse, woodcock, pheasant, have become accustomed to snap shooting, mostly to try and get a shot off before my dad who was always wicked fast. Currently have no bird dog, so no bird hunting, but occasional clay shooting and home defense would be the purpose. I am thinking about having the barrell cut down, I am assuming it would need to be cut at one of the posts where the ribs attach. This gives me a choice of about 24.5" or 21.25". I would also like to add a 2 -shot mag extension. I think this would add a little weight and help with swing. I guess my question is, I kind of think I would like the "look" of the 21", but would I be giving up too much (over the 24") for "casual clay shooting", which is how I will use the gun the most? Sorry so long. I've read your history here, seems like some good and knowledgeable shooters. This is my first post. PS I would also get the barrell rethreaded so I could use different choke tubes.

Page generated in 0.02575 seconds with 8 queries