Thread: Did I just die?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Silver00LT

Quote:
lol @ 7% sales tax. I just bought (2x) of those last week. Walmarts gets ammo shipments 2-4x weekly here. When I go the plaec is packed with swarmers grabbing boxes.
Sometimes I pay 10% the 10% is in rural run down areas. LOL

Quote:
I kinda hope the overzealous folks buying 50 pallets of ammo and severely upselling it end up eating the loss when the market stabilizes. I support the free market, but that doesn't mean I approve of such shenanigans. I don't want it to be illegal, but I also like just desserts.

TL;DR - Good on you for leaving a box.
We have a local buy/sell bulletin paper here with an "Opinion" topic thread. Scalpers hate me. Because I type who has ammo and how much.

I want to drive scalpers out of business. They are doing more harm than good. Adding a couple bucks is okay. That's business. But selling Walmart ammo for 3x-4x the original cost is scalping and I am against scalping.

Quote:
I was able to pick up one box of 100 Winchester 40 S&W and two 50 boxes 9mm from my Wal Mart. Although full the day before the shelves were sparse the next day when I got there. Still I was not only able to buy what I wanted, I had some choice too.

I really hope this is a change.
I think once people stop fueling the scalpers they'll realize they are losing money and will stop stocking up on ammo to resale.

Page generated in 0.03228 seconds with 8 queries