View Single Post
Old October 28, 2001, 08:27 AM   #3
ERRainman

For starters, the 2 dogs better be really big and mean to deal with my overprotective Great Dane. One good deep-chested growl from him and most dogs back up in their tracks. He's killed a couple of strays that wandered into the yard and threatened the kids.

In my state, I cannot legally get involved at this juncture because I do not know the circumstances of the argument. That whole "put yourself in the shoes" philosophy. It sounds as though it has been ongoing. Maybe she threatened him. Maybe she pulled a knife. Maybe he's the kind of guy who needs to be shot (or maybe the Great Dane assists here), but with a cell phone handy I'm callin' the cavalry first.

If he insists on pummelling her, I'm probably going to suggest that he step back and survey the damage he's done. If she's obviously incapacitated, my concern becomes that he does not kill her with me as his witness. I know I'm already legally obligated as a witness to the A&B, but a murder trial is a whole different story. Lots of variables from about the time my dog gets involved to the end. Who knows how it plays out?

ERRainman

Page generated in 0.02365 seconds with 8 queries