View Single Post
Old November 9, 2000, 12:00 AM   #13
BadMedicine

I voted for it. So did my family, and here's why.
First of all. The alaskans passed a law that said "No same day air wolf shooting." Then the campaign against this proposition said "the legislator over turned it." That is FALSE. The legislature added to the bill/law/whatever, that fish aand game could, same day shoot, or allow same day shooting, IN CERTAIN PROBLEM AREAS!!! These are the areas were the natives and subsitance people are getting ousted by the wolves and other predation that are distroying the caribou herds, and the moose population.
So, people tried to say the legislater overturned it and opened it up for hunters. WRONG. It is still illegal to same day airborn hunt ANYTHING exept red squirrels, and coyotes(oops, never mind, those are the only furbearers you can same day shoot. any small game, and birds are legal same day, but NO big game.) , AND THAT"S ONLY IN CERTAIN UNITS!!!! These greenies are pulling the wool over peoples eyes. %The only time this is legal is when biologists say that the predation is threatening the heards, or other populations, and then they themselves can do it, or in extreme cases, they can open certain areas to it. I'm glad I voted for it. Because the natives can't eat wolf, and that's all that would be left if somebody didn't step in to help.

[This message has been edited by BadMedicine (edited November 09, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02160 seconds with 8 queries