View Single Post
Old September 20, 2000, 07:28 AM   #13
Henry P

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry P:
[/quote]

Sorry about the blank message. Just a few words on the strip primer system. Mine works perfectly. Loading a sinle case from start to finish may involve getting to know your particular machine a little. As you all know to seat a primer you have to go past the neutral position and push the handle all the way forward into the bench to seat a primer, this action causes the machine to index, and when loading progressively it works every time. But back to the single case. Just letting the handle fall to a natural neutral, to index the case, may be down far enough for the primer plug to catch the strip a little bit and index it. You will then skip 2 to 3 primers in the strip(depending on how many time you index and raise the ram). By controlling the fall of the handle and keeping it up slightly from this natural neutral you prevent the primer plug from engaging the strip and the problem is solved. I like using the strip loader for loose primers, it's even fun(mine came free with the machine--but is anything really free) I have never filled a primer tube so I can't say from experience but it would seem that would be tedious by comparison. If a person really wants a primer tube setup it is available as an option for I think about $75(has anyone out there tried it--I'm curious how it works though I can't see myself using it). Not to start a war over what machine is best(I believe there are alot of good ones), but if you are looking for a good loader that will last you a lifetime check out the pro 2000. I really like mine.

Page generated in 0.03018 seconds with 8 queries