View Single Post
Old March 31, 2011, 09:11 PM   #36
jwilson48

ok first of all i do not like doing this. i hate the debates on which bullets will kill and which won't. they all kill. no. not well if i was going on a lifetime hunt blah blah blah. they all kill. if you want a tipped explosive bullet, nosler ballistic tips hornady ssts or rem accutips are going to perform the same on animals. you want a spire point get coreloks spitzers interlocks etc. they are going to perform the same on animals. you want bonded get accubond interbond etc. they will all perform the same on game. shoot the one in the type of bullet you want that shoots the most accurate. if i am hunting nearly everything in north america a regular spire point is perfect. grizzly i would go with bonded. something i don't want to take a step and don't care about wasted meat on thin skinned go with a tipped bullet. all tipped bullets are very very explosive unless they are bonded. yes even nosler BALLISTIC TIPS! first buck i shot with one was a damn nice 11pointer and it destroyed the front half of him. granted it was an 8 yard shot, but the next one was around 110 yards and it didn't fare much better. don't worry about what other people tell you about brand a or b or x or y. if something bad did happen with a particular bullet, it was either the wrong bullet for the game, the shot placement 98% of the time, or an underpowered gun.
ok now i am ready for the excuses and the bashing. just let me slide my gloves on real quick. no i am not calling anyone a liar. but the three things i named account for more than 99% of all bullet failures. not the bullets fault. try to use a ballistic tip to shoot through a tank. not gonna work. or use a fmj to shoot a deer NO EXPANSION.

Page generated in 0.02240 seconds with 8 queries